Things you will need to brew your own kombucha:
1 SCOBY and 1/2 cup of liquid from previous batch of kombucha or 1/2 cup of store-bought bottle of kombucha.
1 1/2 gallons of purified water
8-10 tea bags
2 cups of sugar
1 piece of cheese cloth
a large rubber band
How to brew the kombucha:
1. Boil the water, add the tea bags and steep for 5 minutes.
2. Remove the tea bags and add the sugar. Stir to dissolve completely. Do not use honey.
3. Let tea cool to room temperature and make sure it is completely cool. This step is very important because if the tea is too hot it will kill your SCOBY.
4. Once the tea is completely cool, pour into glass dispenser jar leaving an inch of room.
5. Gently place the SCOBY in the jar and pour the 1/2 cup of kombucha into the tea.
6. Cover the jar with the cheese cloth and rubber band tightly.
7. Place the jar on the counter and let it ferment for 7-10 days.
8. Once your kombucha is ready, remove the portion of the kombucha you wish to keep for the week and refrigerate the kombucha in 1/2 gallon mason jars. Be sure to leave at least 20% of the kombucha in the 2 gallon jar to act as starter tea for the next batch.